Ilda Furtado, BA, M.H.Sc., BSW, Employment Consultant, MCVP
- Owner of Links to Health Eastern Ontario Inc since 1996
- Service Provider for Employment Supports, Ontario Disability Support Program
- Registered Social Worker
- Master’s Certificate Vocational Professional
- Over ten years of employment counselling experience in helping clients return to work by accessing employment resources from Employment Supports of Ontario Disability Support Program, Service Canada, Employment Ontario and private insurance companies.
- Created Access Work Service, a temporary work service to help high needs disabled clients to successfully enter the work force.
- Experience in working with clients served by the primary health care, child welfare and mental health sectors.
- Program development expertise in health services, rural employment projects, and youth initiatives.
- Extensive direct use of the political process for effective client advocacy.
- Founding member of Access Alliance Multicultural Community Health Centre (Toronto), and the Work Enterprise Centre (Bancroft)
Education and Training
Community Work Diploma – 1977
Bachelor of Psychology – 1986
Masters in Health Administration – 1993
Certificate in Rehabilitation – 2007
Bachelor of Social Work – 2009