To access ODSP Employment supports do I have to be in receipt of income support from ODSP?
No, disabled individuals not on Ontario Works can access ODSP employment supports if they have their disability verified by one of the following health professionals:
- Family Doctor or other physician, such as a psychiatrist
- Psychologist or Psychological Associate
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech/language Therapist
Can I get disability related supports such as orthotics , braces or dentures?
Yes, these expenses are covered through your service provider’s exceptional supports funds.
Can I get support for equipment and supplies, if I want to start my own business?
Yes, the level of support depends on the businesses needs and specific service providers policies on business financial support.
Can I participate in the program if I do not know where I want to work?
Yes, we will help with career exploration and job search to help you find the right employer for you.
How long will the program services be offered?
- 36 months for clients receiving ODSP income support
- 15 months for clients not in receipt of ODSP income support